Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 7

I did not do a lot of sleeping this weekend as I had hoped. Both Saturday and Sunday I was up by quarter to 8 and almost immediately had to check my e-mail.

Saturday I just sort of flitted around the house in a somewhat listless state. There were a lot of things I wanted to get done but I just couldn't sit down long enough to concentrate. I got a call from Walker's parents asking if I'd like to have dinner with them to share in our worries for Walker's travels. We set the time for 6:00pm. Soon after a friend called and invited me over for movie watching. So the night was planned! That still left the afternoon so my roommate and I headed to REI for some outdoor gear and their biggest sale of the season.

I knew that I was going to buy a sleeping pad and they had a couple on sale I was checking out. After lying on the floor of REI on various sleeping pads I chose the Therm-a-Rest ProLite Plus a 4 season pad. I also noticed the patagonia thermal underwear on sale and I couldn't resist, I got a top and a bottom. This seemed like a ridiculous purchase since it was about 90+ degrees outside but it will be perfect for my camping trip back home in September.

The rest of the night went as planned. When I got home I checked my mail again, still nothing, but I saw an invite to a surprise party where gag gifts are encouraged. I started roaming around my favorite knitting site, Ravelry, and I came across this. Perfect, knitted poo, I got to work right away.

The next morning I was up at 7:45 again and I finally received a message. It sounded like he was having a good time and was safe, so I took a deep breath and finished knitting the poo.

I did a bit of gardening later on. Watered all the plants and picked a few of the chocolate cherry tomatoes I've been growing that were finally ripe! I was so excited. I also cut a bunch of my basil to turn into pesto later on. It smelled so wonderful I had to put little bunches of it in shot glasses all around the house.

In the evening I was settled enough to do some crafting, I worked on my market bag and while I was doing that I was thinking of pillow cases. I finished the row I was working on and immediately went into designing pillow cases, ironing fabric, measuring and cutting. Time went by very quickly and all of a sudden it was 10:30-time to get ready for bed. I can't wait to get back to it, I think they will look really nice when they're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment